- ACCURACY: +/- .000020” (.5MICRONS)
- RESOLUTION: .000001”, (.0001MM)
- REPEATABILITY: .000004”
- TRAVEL: .500”
The subject custom gage designed and built by Van Wert employs a differential measuring technique employing two (2) Heidenhain Corporation “Metro” gage heads with penumatic control. The advantage of differential gaging as opposed to a single gage head is that it eliminates the error in thickness measuring introduced by flatness deviation in both the workpiece and granite reference surface.
The “Gage-Chek” digital display can display actual probe readings, true workpiece thickness and workpiece flatness deviation, plus numerous other options (see Metronics manual).
Turn-Key Package for Ultra-Precision Measurements
- AT100/100 air bearing spin table
- Ultra-smooth reference axis with no static friction
- Accuracies to 1.0 µ” (0.025 µm) TC8-100/150 tilt and center worktable
- 8-knob opposing screw design locks in adjustment settings
- Working envelope: 8.0” dia. x 10.0” height
- Vacuum feed thru center for part holding
- Air actuated vacuum pump with high/low/off controls
- Dual element air filter/regulator for air bearing supply
- High stability gage holder with fine adjust and swivel post
- Natural granite base plate for stability
- Made in USA
ABTech‘s TIR100/150 gage features our AT100 (4” diameter) air bearing and our TC8-100/150 (6” diameter) lockable tilt and center worktable matched up with our robust gage holder, adjustable vacuum “piece holder” feature and a natural granite base. This packaged design delivers a complete turn-key solution for your most demanding T.I.R. applications.
ABTech‘s T.I.R. gages are extremely precise yet economical and can be enhanced with our electronic package including a lever-type gage head, ruby tip probe and amplifier. Designed for the optical industry, ABTech T.I.R. gages are ideal for lens alignment, individual piece inspection, ID to OD runout and tooling alignment.