HEIDENHAIN has been developing touch probes for workpiece and tool measurement on machine tools for over 30 years now. It has set standards, for example, with
- its wear-free optical sensor,
- its integrated flusher/blowers for cleaning the measuring point,
- its SE 540, which is the first transceiver capable of being fully integrated into the spindle housing, and
- its collision protection for the TS 460 touch probe.
As a matter of course, many years of experience feed into the continuous development of these products. Numerous improvements have made working with the touch probes easier, more reliable, and ultimately more efficient for the operator.
Wear-free optical sensor
Because the optical sensor is free of wear, it is able to provide the specified probe repeatability even after a large number of probe measurements (over 5 million switching cycles). This means that touch probes from HEIDENHAIN are also excellently suited for grinding machines. The optical sensor features an optimized lens system and an integrated preamplifier for stable output signals.
Reliable measurement results
Clean measuring points are a prerequisite for high process reliability. That is why all TS workpiece touch probes from HEIDENHAIN have flusher/blowers for cleaning the workpiece, either by means of coolant or compressed air.
Collision protection and thermal decoupling (option for TS 460)
Collision protection is a major topic at HEIDENHAIN. The touch probes feature a sizable deflection path and offer additional safety through rated break points in the stylus and in the connecting pin for the probe contact. For expanded collision protection, including for the touch probe housing of the TS 460, HEIDENHAIN offers an optional mechanical adapter between the touch probe and the taper shank. In the event of a light collision against a fixture or workpiece, the touch probe can absorb the shock. At the same time, the integrated switch deactivates the ready signal, and the control stops the machine. Furthermore, the collision protection adapter functions as a thermal decoupler, which protects the touch probe from being heated by the spindle.
EnDat for touch probes
The TS 460 and TT 460 touch probes support the EnDat output interface for touch probes. In addition to delivering the triggering status, the EnDat interface provides the control with various additional data and diagnostic capabilities. As a result, connection to the TNC is particularly convenient, and daily operation is even more reliable.
Measuring devices for inspection of linear axes
KGM 181, KGM 182, KGM 281, KGM 282 – grid encoders
The KGM grid encoders consist of a grid plate with a waffle-type graduation, which is embedded in a mounting base, and a scanning head. During measurement, the scanning head moves over the grid plate without making mechanical contact. The KGM encoders capture any motions in a plane and separately transmit the values measured for the two axes.
Area of application
The KGM encoders dynamically test the contouring accuracy of controlled machine tools. For example, they make circular
interpolation tests possible with radii ranging from 115 mm down to 0.1 mm at feed rates up to 80 m/min. Especially at very small radii, the errors resulting from the machine’s geometry no longer have an influence on the measurement results. The contact-free scanning also permits free-form tests over any contours in two axes.
For setup, the mounting base is fixed onto the workpiece-holding element (such as the machining table) and aligned to the axes. The scanning head is mounted on the tool-holding element (for example, the spindle of a machining center) so that it cannot rotate and is also approximately aligned to the axes. An adjustment plate is included in delivery for simple adjustment of the scanning gap to 0.5 ±0.05 mm. The setting screws of the scanning head are then used for the fine adjustment. They are used to optimize the measurement signals displayed in the ACCOM evaluation software.
- KGM 181, KGM 182, KGM 281 or KGM 282
- Adapter for mounting the scanning head at an angle of 90° (for 20 mm mating )
- Mounting kit for XZ/YZ plane (only for KGM 181 and KGM 281)
- EIB 74x External Interface Box
- ACCOM evaluation software
- Two adapter cables between KGM and EIB 74x
- Mounting kit for
- XZ/YZ plane for KGM 182 and KGM 282
PROGRAMMABLE MULTIFUNCTION TRANSDUCER
The PMT-9 Multifunction Programmable Transducer measures the several variables of an electric power system and processes them to produce 4 analog output signals. 2 digital output signals are available for signaling the limits. The limits of the outputs can be set by individual measurand or logically combine up to three measurand. The principle of measuring is Dedicated DSP Controller for best calculation of RMS values and Power.
The PMT-9 is equipped with USB serial port interface through which using the corresponding software one can connect, program, or access and execute useful ancillary functions. The ancillary functions include a power system check, provision for displaying the measured variably on a PC monitor, the simulation of the outputs for test purposes.
The PMT-9 is also equipped with a RS 485 bus interface (MODBUS®). The RS 485 interface enables the user to determine the number of variables to be supervised (up to the maximum available). The levels of all internal power/ energy meters that have been configured can also be viewed. Provision is made for programming the PMT-9 via the bus. A standard EIA 485 interface can be used, but there is no dummy
Simultaneous measurement of several variables of a heavy-current power system / Full supervision of an asymmetrically loaded four wire power system, rated current 1 to 6 A, rated voltage 57 to 400V (phase-to-n€ utral) or 100 to 693 V (phase-to-phase)For all heavy-current power system variables.
- Fully Programmable CT and PT Ratio.
- 4 analogue outputs
- Digital Outputs
- Conversion of a current to a voltage output or vice versa is also possible without any hardware change.
- Input voltage up to 693 V (phase-to-phase)
- Universal analogue outputs (programmable)
- High accuracy: U/I 0.2% and P 0.25% (under reference conditions)
- Windows software with password protection for programming, data analysis, power system status simulation, acquisition of meter data and making settings
Testing and measuring device: Test your linear and Rotary encoder on you machine tools.:
Area of application
- Testing the correct operation of absolute and incremental HEIDENHAIN encoders
- Mounting wizard for ExI, LIP 200, LIC 4000 and others
Encoder input only for HEIDENHAIN encoders
- EnDat 2.1 or EnDat 2.2 (absolute value with or without incremental signals)
- Fanuc Serial Interface
- Mitsubishi High Speed Interface
- Panasonic Serial Interface
- Yaskawa Serial Interface
- 1 VPP (3 VPP only for service purposes)
- 1 VPP with Z1 track
- 11 µAPP (25 µAPP only for service purposes)
- HTL (via signal adapter, only for service purposes)
- Feed-through mode for certain interfaces (see Available functions > Diagnostics); (an SA 100 or SA 110 signal adapter is required for galvanic isolation)
- USB 2.0 (High Speed)
- AC 100 V to 240 V (±10 %), 50 Hz to 60 Hz (±2 Hz)
- DC 24 V (±2.4 V)
- Power consumption approx. 20 W
- 0 °C to 45 °C
Protection EN 60 529
- 258 mm x 154 mm x 55 mm
Adjusting and testing software
- ATS software V3.2
System requirements and recommendations
- PC with dual-core processor
- Clock frequency (recommended) > 2 GHz
- RAM > 2 GB
- Operating system: Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- 500 MB free space on the hard disk
- Screen resolution ≥ 1024 x 768
- Management of product keys for optional functions
- Choice between English and German